[MPlayer-users] Bug with 3dnowex detection with MPlayer 0.90 pre 8 on K6-2+

Steven Ellis pinguellis at yahoo.co.uk
Mon Sep 23 05:56:02 CEST 2002

Build Environment - RH 7.2 and GCC 3.0.4

Yes I know its not GCC 3.1, but its a useful machine
to debug on.

Anyhow it has a K6-2+ 500 cpu and the MP3 audio
libraries kept crashing when I upgraded to pre 8. A
quick debug showed that the Athalon 3dnowex
instructions were somehow enabled.

I fixed it by forcing 3dnowex to off in the configure
script, so there must be a problem with the line
---
extcheck $_3dnowex "3dnowex" "pswapd %%mm0, %%mm0" ||
_3dnowex=no
---
on a K6-2+ processor.

Anyhow once disabled no problems with this build on my
box despite the GCC revision.

Just wish I could get faad to build without compiler
errors.

Steve

=====
--
If you listen very carefully you can sometimes hear the dolphins sing

pinguellis at yahoo.co.uk