[MPlayer-users] Status of TOOLS/subrip.c ?

Kim Minh Kaplan kmkaplan at selfoffice.com
Thu Sep 19 01:52:02 CEST 2002

Josef Wolf writes:

> $ ifo_dump   $dev 1     >1.ifo
> $ play_title $dev 1 1 1 >1.vob
> $ mencoder 1.vob -oac copy -ovc copy -o /dev/null -sid 0 \
>    -vobsuboutid en -vobsuboutindex 0 -vobsubout foo -ifo 1.ifo
>
> What would be the proper way to read the ifo if not ifo_dump?

Cool, some actual raw facts!

Don't do this: ifo_dump dumps the information in a human readable way,
not one actually usable by any program.  To get the .IFO file, you
have to mount the DVD and then use the cp(1) command.  Instead of your
command, you should "mount -t udf -r $dev /mnt &&
cp /mnt/VIDEO_TS/VTS_01_0.IFO 1.ifo" (This is Linux syntax, I don't
know for other unixes.)

Note that the so called "video title" #1 is not necesserally the
"Video Title Set" (VTS) #1.  So, ifo_dump dumps a VTS' .IFO whereas
play_title dumps a title...  And these are *not* the same.  The output
of "ifo_dump $dev 0" should give you a mapping of which title resides
in which VTS.  And of course, the files named VIDEO_TS/VTS_* are files
related to VTS.

I hope this clears things up a bit.
Kim Minh.