[MPlayer-users] Single display output with Mplayer, using Xinerama on an Radeon 8500?

Maytag maytag at optonline.net
Thu Sep 19 01:11:01 CEST 2002

I apologize in advance if this has been covered in the past... the
closest I can find is this thread:
http://mplayerhq.hu/pipermail/mplayer-users/2002-January/009218.html
which details getting Mplayer to output to a single monitor, using xv
and a patch which I'm not sure if I can apply.
I'm running Gentoo 1.4, with Gnome 2.0.1 and Xfree 4.2.0r12. I'm running
the latest DRI driver (http://dri.sourceforge.net) for my Radeon 8500,
the r200 driver.
I'm trying to get Mplayer to output to one screen... when I open it
gmplayer with no options it opens ok, but stretches across the length of
both monitors. This creates somewhat broken viewing, as it centers the
video stream in the middle of the two monitors (and breaks it
accordingly). Additionally, if i change the size setting at all (to
single or double, or try to go back to fullscreen) the video doesnt work
at all afterwards. I've tried these options: -vo xv -xineramascreen 1
but they don't seem to have any effect. I'm hoping that I'm doing
something wrong... but I apologize in advance if I am missing something
blatently obvious. :) Still, any assistance would be greatly
appreciated.

Thanks,

Pete
maytag at optonline.net