[MPlayer-users] slider doesn't match file seek position

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Tue Sep 17 02:31:01 CEST 2002

Hi,

> Hi, I just downloaded/tried the latest release (0.90-pre7), and tried
> playing some quicktimes (I believe in the older format, as they worked,
> although I can find out if it helps, I guess). The playback worked fine,
> but when I tried to seek to a specific part of the movie, it would jump
> to the appropriate spot, but the slider wouldn't actually move there (or
> for that matter, as the movie played, the slider didn't move to the
> right). Also, the overlay on the video screen that showed your progress
> in the movie didn't move at all. Can I help with more information, or
> should I (hopefully) wait for the next release, as you already know/have
> fixed it?

current;y quicktime seeking is broken for files using edit lists.
it's something like playtime cutting.
teh file contains the raw video material and there is a cut list (edit list)
teling which parts and in which order what speed should be played back.
it was required to fix a-v sync and playback for some files, but it causes
some problems, especially the 'short play' bugs (isn't teh whole file played
back, as edit list only defines a shorter cut) and broken seeking for these
files.

i think i'll make editlist support disabled by default, it causes more
trouble than fix :(

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team