[MPlayer-users] Strange artifacts with TNT2

Axel Thimm Axel.Thimm at physik.fu-berlin.de
Sat Sep 7 23:10:02 CEST 2002

Dear mplayers,

<apologies>
first of all: I have read about the problems with NVIDIA's closed source
binary modules, both in the mplayer docu, as well as the lkml. Had I known it
before I setup the hardware list for my home PC, I'd surely had chosen another
one. So please don't flame me, I'm just a victim ... :(
</apologies>

there are strange artifacts when using mplayer in the windowed form: The right
half of the picture gets - hm - scrambled (?) with horizonal fluctuating
lines, somehow like a mirroring effect. This happens not only to the mplayer
window, but to anything in that region (I can drag a dialog box above the
window and it will be schreddered, too).

This does not happen in fullscreen or double size mode. Has anyone else seen
that? Switching NVIDIA releases does not help.

The card is not a true TNT2, but some sort of crippled MX version. That's what
lspci says: "nVidia Corporation NV6 [Vanta]"

P.S. Please Cc: me, I am not on the list, thanks.
Axel.Thimm at physik.fu-berlin.de