[MPlayer-users] 7 things about pre7
iocc at sysbabe.flashdance.cx
Sat Sep 7 19:10:02 CEST 2002
.I use MPlayer 0.90pre7. Linux 2.4.6.
1. Could you please add *.m2v and *.m2p to "All video files".
Its the extensions for MPEG-2.
[iocc at flashdance music-videos]$ ll *m2v|wc -l
2. Its not possible to load an playlist file via the GUI, it says like
============= Sorry, this file format not recognized/supported
=== If this file is an AVI, ASF or MPEG stream, please contact the author!
But with mplayer -playlist musicvideos.m3u it does work.
3. A *random* function would be great. I dont wanna watch my 1075 mvids
in the same order every time :)
4. Its complaining about /usr/local/share/mplayer/font/font.desc, where
do i find some fonts to put there and why? Why isnt it included in the
default release? It was not needed in pre5. A touch
/usr/local/share/mplayer/font/font.desc made it go away, but i still
wonder about it.
5. In fullscreen, its very hard to click the MPlayer GUI in front. First
rightclick and then leftclick doesnt always work. I suggest that only
leftclick is needed to show the Mplayer GUI or to hide it.
6. A skip to next video button would be a great feature.
7. Something like an quiet=yes option in .mplayer/config would be great,
so it doesnt print so much debug info like:
A: 17.0 V: 17.0 A-V: 0.002 ct: -0.040 405/405 9% 2% 1.2% 0 0 0%
It makes my .xsession-errors so big.
The Equalizer and the possibility to set brightness is great and actully
works :) Much needed feature!
More information about the MPlayer-users