[MPlayer-users] Q: using -xy along with expand=800:600

Gregory Kovriga gkovriga at techunix.technion.ac.il
Fri Sep 6 08:07:01 CEST 2002

Hi,
I have a little question.
My intention is to place subtitles under the movie. I'm using -xy 800 in
order to scale the image to TV-out size (have a TV connected to the laptop).
Now in order to place subtitles under the film image I tried -vop
expand=800:600. The problem that this option doesn't work well with -xy
800. Without it - it works great, but the movie is not optimally scaled
on the screen, and when using both options it seems that scaling is
multiplied, so that the actual window takes more then 800x600 (actually
it takes the whole laptop sceen, even without the -fs).

Is there a way to do it better?

Thanks in advance,
Gregory.