[MPlayer-users] [OT] working while dumping

Haas Wernfried w.haas at xover.htu.tuwien.ac.at
Wed Sep 4 13:22:01 CEST 2002

On Wed, Sep 04, 2002 at 01:44:03PM +0300, Jan Knutar wrote:
> > I've burned CDR's on a DX4-100 at 4-speed while playing Quake (1)!
> > (granted.. that was on SCSI with Quake on another disk than the
> > ISO-image... but still ;)
>
> Hehe... If I could get a cheap old scsi burner I'd stick it in my linux
> routerbox, an Am5x86 at 100mhz with integrated scsi :-)
> I bet it would work much better than my current burner on IDE setup :-)

i've got a real old ricoh 1060c, which burns 2x but only accepts 650 cd-r
media and an old hp-surestore which accepts 700megs cd-r, but quality is a bit
lousy. both of them are scsi, everything works fine unless i do not start
copying a file with > 300 megs while burning (maybe a via-chipset and/or
reiserfs (older) version problem). apart from price (ok my stuff is old
and cheap) scsi rocks :)

regards
	wernfried

ps: did you enable support for you i815 (or whatever) chipset in the kernel,
maybe it helps...

--
-> Fppmpppffpppmpfpffmffmppmpm Mfpmmmmmmfmm
-> fpp.mfpmmmmmmfmm at fpfppffpmmpppff.ppmfmfmpm.mmmfmp
-> mfpfmpfmppfm://fpfppffpmmpppff.ppmfmfmpm.mmmfmp/~mmmppmpppmpppppmffppfppp
-> http://www.namesuppressed.com/kenny/