[MPlayer-users] Enable GUI

Gábor Lénárt lgb at lgb.hu
Fri Oct 25 22:09:02 CEST 2002

On Fri, Oct 25, 2002 at 02:54:06PM -0400, Lifeng Luo wrote:
> ./configure --enable-gui
>
> It always said gtk cannot be found. Well, my question is, please don't
> laugh if it is naive, whether gtk+ and gtk are the same? Because I do have

AFAIK, gtk was the first more stupid version, then the next was called gtk+.
Though nowdays gtk+ is called as gtk as well, since the old and first version
is not used anymore.

> gtk+ installed.  I tried to find some information on google, but it always

Yes, you have gtk installed but NOT gtk DEVELOPMENT package imho ...
So install gtk development package. But please ask similar questions
on a beginner linux mailing list or whatever instead, because it's
quite basic thing that you have to had development package (libraries
and header files) to compile something against them.

Hope it helps.

- Gábor (larta'H)