[MPlayer-users] Enable GUI

Lifeng Luo luo at envsci.rutgers.edu
Fri Oct 25 21:26:02 CEST 2002

Hello, there,

I recently downloaded MPlayer and tried to install it on my PC ruining
redhat 8.0.  I can compile it without any problem if I don't enable GUI.
It just works beautifully.  When I tried to do

./configure --enable-gui

It always said gtk cannot be found. Well, my question is, please don't
laugh if it is naive, whether gtk+ and gtk are the same? Because I do have
gtk+ installed.  I tried to find some information on google, but it always
leads me to www.gtk.org and I always got gtk+.  So I thought they should
be the same....

Then, how I can enable-gui with gtk+?

I just love this player, very nice work.

Thanks!
-Lifeng