[MPlayer-users] XVidModeExtension

Eduardo Trápani mapache at debian.org
Tue Oct 22 22:03:02 CEST 2002

The machine where I built mplayer has XF86VM support and
everything works alright.  But every now and then I want to
run mplayer over the network, to Xserver2.

Xserver2 does not have XF86VM support and the error handler
(x11_common.c) just aborts.

Xserver2------Xserver1

              mplayer

I just #undef HAVE_XF86VM in x11_common.c but I guess there
is a more elegant solution.  I tried to call abort() only if
the error code is not 0x87 but it seems that is considered
as a fatal error by X11 and the program aborts anyway.

Eduardo.