[MPlayer-users] Re: [Ffmpeg-devel] Re: Re: [MPlayer-cygwin] XboxMediaPlayer false information spread onmplayerhq.hu

Gabucino gabucino at mplayerhq.hu
Fri Oct 18 23:21:20 CEST 2002

> I sent a mail to gabucino asking if he had tried to contact me or the
> developers via mail or forum & got a reply that he had not because he
> did "not consider usernames created with md5sum valid."
Well what do you think of "d7o3g4q" ? I don't like these 'warez' nicks.

> gabucino did not do any investigating before posting any of his posts
> about the XboxMediaPlayer, which I think he should have mentioned in his
> post with something like:
In your "old news" section there are entries about successfully ported FFMPEG
and XVID sources. Checking the page, there was no trace of downloadable
source. What more investigation do you expect? ;)

> "btw I did not care to try to find out if anything I'm claimed here is
> true or not because I heard somewhere from someone that they are
> violating the GPL & I took that for the truth. Source: None".
Wake up.. It was on your pages. Is that "somewhere"? However, it's definitely
"none" ;))

> I think that if he would have bothered to either do some real
> investigating or tried to contact me or the developers, he would have
> found out the real situation & I'm sure he would not have posted
> anything of what he did.
You nuked any topic on your pages which were asking why aren't the sources
available. So what "contacting" do you miss?

> That is why I was hoping he would see that he was wrong & do the
> honourable thing by posting a retraction & apology on mplayerhq.hu
Ehheh ;) Just like WarpVision :)

> PS! gabucino also CC'ed ffmpeg-devel at lists.sourceforge.net with his
> reply but he cut out most of the things of my original mail (on
> purpose?!) so I have added that mail again to the bottom on this one.
Ehh ;) What are you talking about? Your mail to mplayer-users was forwarded to
ffmpeg-devel by Arpi (completely). I sent my answer to both lists, just like
this. Yahhoo..! :)

"On purpose"... Don't compare me to you, thx :)

--
Gabucino

/ Worshipping Niedermayer 4ever /
"Do you always look at it encoded?" (C) D. R. F.
"minden lehet. ez nem." (c) A'rpi