[MPlayer-users] AVI->DV (IEEE1394)

Bengt Gördén bengan at sunet.se
Mon Oct 14 23:18:02 CEST 2002

Hi!

I'm sort of a newbee on this. I have been using mplayer to play my
avi:s and videos. But know I've got myself a DV-camera. I compiled
in the IEEE1394 (firewire) in the kernel and got things to work with
dvgrab to transfere my videos to avi-files. I also installed kino
to handle the editing of the files. One thing that I do have problem
with is the ability to send back the avi:s to the camera. It works
with kino but I think it would be very handy to use mplayer straight
away for that. Also I really like mplayer so I would rather use that
instead of kino. Do anyone here have experience or could you just give
me some hints where to look about this? I might have missed some
fundamentals to, but, please do point that out to :-)

regards,

PS. Sorry for the crossposting. I sent this to the wrong maplyer list
this morning. DS.