[MPlayer-users] Strange problem with mencoder; possible bug (part 2)

martin pavon martin_199ar at yahoo.com.ar
Fri Oct 11 06:54:38 CEST 2002

 --- Corey Hickey <bugfood-ml at fatooh.org> escribió: > [Automatic answer:
RTFM (read DOCS, FAQ), also read
> DOCS/bugreports.html]
>

> I just read your original email. I don't have access to the ftp to test
> your problem,
Hi Corey !!!!

I've just upploaded ciudad_ninios_perdidos.vob to

http://mate.dm.uba.ar/~mpavon/tmp/

so if you, or somobody else, are interesting, you can download it.
Since the file sizes 57mb, I can let it only two or three days,  after
that, the administrator kill me.

> but if I did I would ask you to reduce your test encoding
> to the simplest possible case - a single line is much easier to
> test and mess around with than a several-line script.
>
> like:
> cat whatever.vob | mencoder -nosound -ovc lavc -lavcopts vcodec=mpeg4
>
> Also, in attempting to reduce the test case, you might even isolate the
> option that is causing your problems.

I'll try to reduce the command line, but my point is that, with exactly
the same options, the encode of the whole vob is bad in the last scene;
but if one cut off and save this part and  encode it, it looks fine (well,
at least it looks a lot better). May be this is related with some option,
(and may be by trial & error I can find it), but I believe that the
options
in my script are all valids, so may be there is some kind of bug here.

Any way, thank you very much for your answer. Regards,

Martín

Ahora podés usar Yahoo! Messenger desde tu celular. Aprendé cómo hacerlo en Yahoo! Móvil: http://ar.mobile.yahoo.com/sms.html