[MPlayer-users] Codec support request for EV/EV2 videos

tdc tdc at phreaker.net
Thu Oct 10 12:35:03 CEST 2002

Hi,
I have quite large collection of clips downloaded from net which are in
EV/EV2 format (former GEO Media group, the name for the format is
Emblaze and EmblazePro). These were often used some time ago, but it
looks the format is dead already (the company sold multimedia division
to some cell-phone company and moved completelly to mpeg4 based technology).
The videos made by this are still available on many places over the net
and the player is always attached in the form of Java applet and very
often even as ActiveX (packed as .cab as I'm not sitting anywhere near
Windows now, I unpack it and say what's inside)

Is there any chance to get this format supported in mplayer? I can
supply sample videos in both EV and EV2 format and the Java and ActiveX
player (but everything should be easilly reached when looking for
"emblaze video ev cab" on google.. one example site is here -
http://www.csg9.navy.mil/assers/multimedia/Ohio/)

tia, Dave