[MPlayer-users] Blue screen (not in windows)

Jan Engelhardt jengelh at linux01.gwdg.de
Wed Oct 9 20:17:02 CEST 2002

>I've read the faq and video output page from the documentation, but
>I can't solve my problem.
>
>With avi files (mpeg works properly) I listen to the sound, but the
>image is blue (sdl -- I know it uses xv, and xv). With output x11 it
>works (but the fullscreen is not fully functional).
just xv.
xvidix for example stays black :p

(rtfm & using latest cvs snapshot?)

I also get those bluescreens but only during initialization. When the first
frames are decoded, they display. Also, if I move the Xv/XVIDIX window around,
the blue back comes back _while_ i have the mouse button pressed.

But why it's there... I didnot have that blue screen/window often, primarily
when the Video size was known but could /not decoded/ and just audio played.
See if there is something interesting in the xterm window you running mplayer
from.

>I checked the pixel formats, and it seems ok.
>Can anybody give me any idea? (thanks)

- Jan Engelhardt