[MPlayer-users] A couple of video capture questions

David Tarkowski david.tarkowski at verizon.net
Sat Nov 30 22:00:03 CET 2002

I'm able to capture video from my TV tuner card using mencoder.  I use the
FFMpeg codecs to capture either mpeg4 or mjpeg files and later I use the
mencvcd script to burn either VCDs or SVCDs so that I can watch what I
recorded on my TV.

I have two questions.  First, at some point in the process I would like to
edit the video files to remove the commercials.  I can't seem to figure out
how to do this, does anybody have any procedures that might help?  Second,
when I create and SVCD and play it in my DVD player I can't pause, fast
forward, or rewind, but that all works when I use mplayer on the SVCD.  Is
the problem in my (cheap) DVD player or is it in the software?

Thanks,
Dave

--
"Do not taunt Happy Fun Ball"  -SNL