[MPlayer-users] 6 channels - emu10k1 - ac3

Vladimir I. Umnov samba at ezmail.ru
Sat Nov 30 21:31:03 CET 2002

Hello, mplayer-users.

  How can I hear sound in all 6 channels on my emu10k1 and analog
speakers.
  I try to use opensource creative drivers and alsa. With creative
driver I hear sound only in 4 speakers (no sound in Center/LFE) with
-with channels 2,4,6. In xine the same problem. With channels 6,
center/lfe voice are lost.
  With alsa9rc6 I can hear sound from center/LFE if only I use ac3dec
and turn on "surround" in alsamixer, but it must be "center", why?
Channels more than 2, don't work with alsa9.
  Somebody can explain me that thing: in windows in native driver
there is "AC3-decode" in surround mixer/settings. AC3 sound plays in
all 6 channels, if I select in some ac3 decoder "SP/DIF" choice, but I
have analog speakers!!! 4 and 6 channels choice are disabled (I use
intervideo audio decoder, ac3 prologic, fraunghofer).
  KX driver work like opensource creative linux driver: no sound in
Center/LFE at all.

Sorry for my poor English.

 Vladimir I. Umnov                         mailto:samba at ezmail.ru