[MPlayer-users] mencvcd with 4 audio channels

David Dorward david at us-lot.org
Fri Nov 29 05:49:02 CET 2002

I'm trying to convert a DVD to a SVCD with the following command line:

mencvcd title -sox  -a 3 -cdsize 800 -noburn -svcdout -dvd 1 -channels 2

This (eventually) gives me the following error:

wait, encoding to mp2 audio with mp2enc...
INFO: [mp2enc] Opened WAV file, freq = 44100 Hz, channels = 4, bits = 16
INFO: [mp2enc] format = 0x1, audio length = 1734669624 bytes
**ERROR: [mp2enc] can only handle files with 1 or 2 channels

I would have thought that specifing -channels 2 on the command line would
have avoided this, but it seems not. What can I do to get this to downmix
to two channels (or otherwise get it working)?

--
David Dorward                                   http://david.us-lot.org/
"You cannot rewrite history, not one line."