[MPlayer-users] Can I avoid Cycling the resolution in full-screen.

Jay Dresser jay at dresserfamily.org
Fri Nov 22 20:08:02 CET 2002

First let me say, great program!  I was using other programs until I
found this one which is far superior.

Running FreeBSD 4.5, mplayer 0.60 (I know, it's old, I should upgrade)

On my 750 Athlon I run a little over 100% CPU so it drops frames (in
full-screen mode).  I've tried a few things to speed things up and I'm
getting close to running without dropping frames.  I had noticed that
the raster was too far to the right, so I cycled through the
resolutions ('C' key) and found one that is not only centered, but
seems to run faster.

I can't find anything in the docs about being able to start in that
mode directly (like setting something in the config file) so I don't
have to hit the 'C' key 6 times every time I play a video.  Does
anyone know about this?

If not then I'm thinking I could trim down my XF85Config file to only
have the one I want, but I'm not sure which lines are safe to delete.

Jay Dresser / jay at dresserfamily.org