[MPlayer-users] jpeg sequence while encoding

Sycotic Smith sycotic at linuxmail.org
Fri Nov 22 19:19:02 CET 2002

> On Tue, Nov 19, 2002 at 03:56:06PM -0800, Sycotic Smith wrote:
> > Example: mencoder `cat list-of-files.txt` -mf on:w=800:h=600:fps=25 -ovc divx4 -oac copy -o output.avi
>
> There is a limit on the length of the commandline. `cat list-of-files.txt`
> would not work if there are many files.... I don't know how
> many.

Hmmm. Then my only suggestion is a 'feature request' then.  Make the -playlist option work in mencoder if it doesn't already.  Then the line would be mencoder -playlist list-of-files.txt <your options> instead.  Any other ideas out there in user-land?  Of course, you could always rename the files in order that you want them to be encoded... then the \*.jpg _should_ work as wanted.  I'm not good enough with scripting to say how to use time-stamp or anything _YET_.

/S. Smith
http://www.linuxmail.org/