[MPlayer-users] using mplayer with the -vo xvidix extension (?)

solyomszem at primposta.hu solyomszem at primposta.hu
Tue Nov 19 15:47:02 CET 2002

Hi!

I'd like to use mplayer with xvidix, but it isn't working and I don't
know what to do.

I'm using Debian GNU/Linux (Sarge) with X 4.2.1. My video card is a
radeon 8500 LE. (I think it is supported from X 4.2.0)

My kernel was once compiled with modular support -dri/radeon- once i've
compiled it (dri) in.

I've started mplayer with
gmplayer -vo xvidix
and started to play a movie. It said, it couldn't find any running
drivers for xvidix.

So what should I do?

(When I compiled mplayer, I've checked that xvidix as a video output is
supported.)

Thank you

 Solyomszem