[MPlayer-users] About overlapping subtitles

salvatore.falco at katamail.com salvatore.falco at katamail.com
Fri Nov 15 16:29:02 CET 2002

> IMHO it make subtitles "unreadable" when recent and current subtitle are
>   at the same time on the screen, and your eye (or brain, if you'd
> rather) do get used to read from the topmost line of text. In this
> situation you read the same subtitle twice (once as current and once as
> recent, when it scrolls up in next step) and it is confusing. Ufff...I
> hope you get what I mean...

I think I get, but this sounds strange to me. Are you saying that when a new
subtitle, which overlaps the current displayed, appears, it pushes the previous
upward? This is strange, beacuse this patch should make room on the screen
for following subtitles that overlap the current with blank lines. If this doesn't
work for you, please send me the subtiles file, maybe it's my fault. My e-mail is
salvatore dot falco at katamail dot com.

> Maybe better solution is, instead of not to compile-in overlapping subs
> support (ergo: disable feature at configure time), to add command line
> option e.g. "-suboverlap", for those, who likes it?

I don't think so, if you like overlapping subtitles you like it always, as I do ;)

    Thank you for your answer. Best regards, Salvatore Falco