[MPlayer-users] Broken -sub

Geoffrey Trexler skynet at charter.net
Sat Nov 9 05:57:02 CET 2002

On Fri, 8 Nov 2002 19:53:21 -0300 (ART)
martin pavon <martin_199ar at yahoo.com.ar> wrote:

>  --- Geoffrey Trexler <skynet at charter.net> escribió: > [Automatic answer:
> RTFM (read DOCS, FAQ), also read
> > DOCS/bugreports.html]
> > Hello,
> >
> > When using mencoder with the -sub option. I have a segmentation fault.
> > I'm using the current CVS tree. This is the command I use to encode
> > with. Also the -ss is broken for vob files. However it works for -dvd.
> >
> > cat VOB/*.vob | nice -+19 mencoder -o movienosound.avi -nosound -ovc
> > lavc -lavcopts vcodec=mpeg4:vbitrate=1650:v4mv:vhq:vpass=1 -vop
> > pp=6,scale=640:480 -sws 2 -sub logo.srt -subpos 45 -ss 00:53 -endpos
> > 01:30 -
> >

> > If there is anything wrong with my command line options please let me
> > know, I will adjust.
> >

> Hi!
> Are you sure that -sub is a valid option for mencoder? Do you want to
> render the subtitle in the avi file?
>
> Regards,
>
> Martin
>
> Ahora podés usar Yahoo! Messenger desde tu celular. Aprendé cómo hacerlo en Yahoo! Móvil: http://ar.mobile.yahoo.com/sms.html

Hi Martin,

Well it works for an internet friend of mine. He even has his -ss working for vob's however his -ss is not working for -dvd. Yes I do want to render the subtitle in the avi. It's going to be my logo aka Encoded by ME :-) If you have a way to do this, I would greatly appreciate the knowledge.

Thx,
Geoffrey