[MPlayer-users] Ripping dvd w/ 2-langs & 2-subs ?

Manolis Tzanidakis mtzanidakis at freemail.gr
Fri Nov 8 20:22:02 CET 2002

Hello world,
I want to encode a ripped dvd -> divx with en/de audio channels & subs (I work
as sysadmin on the foreign lang dpt. of my university & teachers make listening
sessions w/ movies ...).
I was thinking of encoding en & de audio to mp3 w/ the frameno process (3-pass),
then encode the video with -oac null, and select each time the preferred lang on
playback.
As for subs I was thinking of the subrip/gocr solution to make 2 srt files.
Is there any other, better & more "elegant" solution since I intend to convert
our whole dvd collection (40-50 titles) to divx that way ?

.:: Manolis ::.

--
Manolis Tzanidakis(mtzanidakis--at--freemail.gr)
Jabber: mtzanidakis at jabber.org
ICQ: 102798230
GnuPG Key Fingerprint:
5CA5 41D6 09F1 C4B9 C331