[MPlayer-users] Re: MPEG1 output compatible to mpeg_play, mtv(p) and others?

Hans Meine hans_meine at gmx.net
Fri Nov 8 16:39:01 CET 2002

> However, what I am really looking for, are .mpg files. Is there a way to
convert
my
> nifty .avis to .mpgs? The funny thing is, that mpeg_play can indeed detect
the
> right frame size (of 320x256) but then only gives stderr-errors and an
empty
> (black) video window. Is there a difference between MPEG1 and MPEG1? ;-)

Hmm, OK I admit that was stupid - looking once into the online archives
revealed
the "How do I take a AVI file and make an MPEG out of it with mencode?"
message(s).. #-} Thanks for the tips there, I'll look into
transcode/mpegtools
(what a pity that I have done several MPEG1 streams which I cannot re-use).

However, maybe someone knows why mpeg_play can detect the frame size
(which means to me it can do _sth._ with AVIs), but not display the video
encoded
with lavc vcodec=mpeg1video?

--
Ciao,