[MPlayer-users] MPEG1 output compatible to mpeg_play, mtv(p) and others?

Hans Meine hans_meine at gmx.net
Fri Nov 8 15:47:02 CET 2002

Hi!

I successfully converted a video a friend of mine grabbed with Premiere to
MPEG4
and MPEG1 .avis, the latter for displaying on older UNIX clients with
mpeg_play
and friends.

However, what I am really looking for, are .mpg files. Is there a way to
convert my
nifty .avis to .mpgs? The funny thing is, that mpeg_play can indeed detect
the
right frame size (of 320x256) but then only gives stderr-errors and an empty

(black) video window. Is there a difference between MPEG1 and MPEG1? ;-)

Thanks in advance for any suggenstions/pointers - sorry but I did not
subscribe to
this list so it would be useful if you CC'ed me (I will have a look into the
archives
from time to time to be sure :-) ).

--
Ciao,