[MPlayer-users] bug in mplayer ?

xeonit xeonitlinux at yahoo.de
Fri Nov 8 05:36:02 CET 2002

Am Freitag, 8. November 2002 06:18 schrieb Shogun:
> OS: Slackware 8.1
> Kernel: Linux  2.4.18 #23 Fri Jul 26 19:35:53 UTC 2002 i686 unknown
> Libc: libc-2.2.5
> XFree86 Version 4.2.0 / X Window System
> gcc version 2.95.3 20010315 (release)
> GNU ld version 2.12.90.0.9 20020526
> GNU assembler 2.12.90.0.9 20020526
>
> processor       : 0
> vendor_id       : AuthenticAMD
> cpu family      : 6
> model           : 3
> model name      : AMD Duron(tm) processor
> stepping        : 1
> cpu MHz         : 849.178
> cache size      : 64 KB
> fdiv_bug        : no
> hlt_bug         : no
> f00f_bug        : no
> coma_bug        : no
> fpu             : yes
> fpu_exception   : yes
> cpuid level     : 1
> wp              : yes
> flags           : fpu vme de pse tsc msr pae mce cx8 sep mtrr pge mca
> cmov pat pse36 mmx fxsr syscall mmxext 3dnowext 3dnow
> bogomips        : 1690.82
>
> Video Card: nVidia GeForce 2 MX400 64MB SDRAM
> Sound Card: Crystal cs4280
>
> *with oss397e-linux-v2x mplayer plays very slow (sound and video)*
>
> it doesn't write anything unusual ...works the same way as with others
> oss's but very very slow

Do you use Mplayer or Gmplayer?. Try to change the Cachesize. As default there
is a cache size off 4 but with this size i have the same problem. Turn off
Cache or try an other size like 2048. Maybee that helps don't now. For me it
helps.
I wrote for a week this what i have notice:

#I have notice a rare bug on the new MPlayer-0.90pre9, after i configure it
#with the GUI option (gmplyer) and i start it for the first time, all works
#fine. Then when i change something in the preferences, the plyaback is very
#slow video and audio. I found out that under the register MISC the cache is
#set to 4 for default. So i turn off cache and it works fine again. Next time
#i look at the preferences under MISC i see that now the cache is set to 2048.
#So i think that some have notice the same problem. With the cache set to 2048
#all works fine too.

Yahoo! präsentiert als offizieller Sponsor das Fußball-Highlight des
Jahres: - http://www.FIFAworldcup.com