[MPlayer-users] XCD

Michael Waters stonin at rogers.com
Fri Nov 8 04:54:02 CET 2002

Christoph Enzmann wrote:
> >Does anyone know if mplayer can play an xcd CD image off of the hard
> >drive?
>
> You can try to use a loopback device (man losetup).

I tried this.  I can mount iso images no problem but mount doesn't seem
to understand raw mode2 cd images.

Balatoni Denes wrote:
> Hi!
> Won't it just recognize the file as some stream ?

I couldn't get it to work. It tries to read the file but exits.  I
tried also many variations of -sb & -ss.

D Richard Felker III wrote:

> > Does anyone know if mplayer can play an xcd CD image off of the hard
> > drive?
>
> Try using some VCD tools to rip the bin file apart.

I tried vcdimager but vcdxrip seems to understand only mpeg and mpeg2.
It exits with "**ERROR: unexpected descriptor type".  I also tried
bchunk to convert the image but the file it made didn't mount as iso or
cdfs.

Thanks for the suggestions. Apparently "daemon tools" (windoze) can
mount the images.  There must be some way, if not, oh well...  :)