[MPlayer-users] sharing sound device

Erick Calder e at arix.com
Thu Nov 7 19:31:09 CET 2002

> your choices:
>
> arts is running:
>
> -ao arts
>
> esd is running:
>
> -ao sdl:esd

yes, what my original message stated (perhaps not so clearly) is that
neither works.  if I use the output device directly I get sound but if I run
the ESD daemon and use "-ao sdl:esd" I get the error message I previously
posted.  same with arts.  I don't see a switch for greater verbosity of
output on mplayer... what else can I try?