[MPlayer-users] Odd bugs that allways appears on cvs versions.

Ian Kumlien pomac at vapor.com
Fri Nov 1 10:30:03 CET 2002

On Fri, 2002-11-01 at 06:28, Corey Hickey wrote:

> > so it can't use odivx that is avail? and why dosn't say that it FAILED
> > to open the/any codec?
>
> No, it's trying to use ffdivx, not finding support, and then falling
> back to DivX4 in opendivx mode. -Oh, wait, I just read your original
> mail again. Probably that file was encoded with DivX 5. Look in the
> documentation for a link to the DivX 5 libraries. ...and use libavcodec
> anyway - it's much faster.

Divx3, sorry... =), It *should* be able to handle it, and btw, I do use
divx4linux with divx5 support.

> In the future, never cut the output of mplayer; always show the full text.
>
> > And i haven't found this in any documentation...
>
> http://www.mplayerhq.hu/DOCS/codecs.html#libavcodec
> That tells you what to do.

Well when i got the info i instantly knew what to do.

> > I have talked to users
> > who claim that cvs works on everything.
>
> See the above URL. You just have to copy libavcodec from ffmpeg CVS
> into mplayer CVS.

Yes, but common cvs checkout.

And could someone add a note about it on the homepage, right by the cvs
checkout information?

> > The main complaint that i have
> > actually recived is that i have the gui enabled by default.
>
> I'm not sure what you mean here... If you call gmplayer, you get the
> gui, if you use mplayer, you don't. Of course, that's assuming you
> enabled the gui when compiling, since it isn't enabled by default.

Well, i got complaints about it, ie, ppl constantly told me to try
without the gui

> > I apparently played WMA files without ffmpeg today then, which is odd.
>
> There are often many drivers that can handle a particular file. Some
> just work better than others, and libavcodec is particularly well suited
> to the formats it supports.

I wasn't aware that there was another driver... I have however done wma
greps and not found a single one.

> > Etc.
> >
> > Btw, i'm not on this ml, so CC.. (forgot that before)
>
> You might as well join. There's interesting stuff here. ;)

Maybe later

--
Ian Kumlien <pomac at vapor.com>