[MPlayer-users] Odd bugs that allways appears on cvs versions.

Corey Hickey bugfood-ml at fatooh.org
Fri Nov 1 06:30:03 CET 2002

> so it can't use odivx that is avail? and why dosn't say that it FAILED
> to open the/any codec?

No, it's trying to use ffdivx, not finding support, and then falling
back to DivX4 in opendivx mode. -Oh, wait, I just read your original
mail again. Probably that file was encoded with DivX 5. Look in the
documentation for a link to the DivX 5 libraries. ...and use libavcodec
anyway - it's much faster.

In the future, never cut the output of mplayer; always show the full text.

> And i haven't found this in any documentation...

http://www.mplayerhq.hu/DOCS/codecs.html#libavcodec
That tells you what to do.

> I have talked to users
> who claim that cvs works on everything.

See the above URL. You just have to copy libavcodec from ffmpeg CVS
into mplayer CVS.

> The main complaint that i have
> actually recived is that i have the gui enabled by default.

I'm not sure what you mean here... If you call gmplayer, you get the
gui, if you use mplayer, you don't. Of course, that's assuming you
enabled the gui when compiling, since it isn't enabled by default.

> I apparently played WMA files without ffmpeg today then, which is odd.

There are often many drivers that can handle a particular file. Some
just work better than others, and libavcodec is particularly well suited
to the formats it supports.

> Etc.
>
> Btw, i'm not on this ml, so CC.. (forgot that before)

You might as well join. There's interesting stuff here. ;)