[MPlayer-users] is this an acceptable forum for asking about SVCD creation using mencoder?

David Nedved dnedved at nuvox.net
Thu May 30 19:30:02 CEST 2002

Hi All,

New to this forum, and don't want to get anyone's feathers ruffled, but
trying to find a forum where I can ask some questions about how to use
mencoder to re-encode all my miscellaneous videos (avi, mpg, wmf, etc.)
into SVCD compatible mpeg streams.  I want to rescale to best scale,
keep best possible sound, and keep good AV sync, all while producing
strictly compliant SVCD's that will play on a standalone player.

I believe that the CODEC to encode with is MPEG2, but I don't know
enough about it to be able to generate the correct mencoder command
line args to produce the right MPEG2 stream because I don't know enough
about what I want.  I also need to split some of them down to the size
of 80 min CD's, and need a good way to do that.

Anyway, thanks in advance for anyone who can help, or any pointers if
this is not the correct forum.

David