[MPlayer-users] Feature Request

Glyn glyn.kennington at hertford.oxford.ac.uk
Thu May 30 18:02:02 CEST 2002

Sycotic Smith wrote:
> From: Glyn <glyn.kennington at hertford.oxford.ac.uk>
> > > Maybe using LAVC or DIVX, could be an option to select which.
> > What's wrong with the existing -ovc lavc  vs  -ovc divx4 ?
> Well, with my suggestion, you would only need the switch -highest
> since IIRC divx takes different options than lavc (-lavcopts vs
> -divx4opts). (See man mencoder for examples.)

I meant: given that we *also* have these -highest/-lowest/-n options,
what's wrong with using the existing -ovc lavc/divx4 options just for
the purpose of deciding which codec to use?

I wasn't talking about -lavcopts/-divx4opts, I was assuming, as you
also appear to be suggesting, that the specifics of those could be
decided automatically by the new options.

> I do agree with the -$n maybe, default should be 4 IMHO.

Or possibly a compile-time default, based on the processor specs?
(Though you'll still need a default when compiling with no specific
target CPU, I admit.)

Glyn

glyn.kennington at hertford.oxford.ac.uk

You know I will obey