[MPlayer-users] Feature Request

Sycotic Smith sycotic at linuxmail.org
Wed May 29 22:19:01 CEST 2002

I have noticed alot of questions regarding the different options for MEncoder (libavcopts, etc.) and wondered if there needs to be another 'feature' or script added.  This may help some of the newer people that may not know all of the options they should use.  I can maybe create a couple example scripts if wanted.

Here are my thoughts, and as always, your mileage may vary.
1. Script/feature to create low-end AVI for those out there with a 386sx ;)

2. S/F to create basic AVI using medium settings, say for a PII-500 system.  Maybe using LAVC or DIVX, could be an option to select which.

3. S/F to create HQ AVI using almost top notch options.

4. S/F to create _VERY_ HQ AVI, for 2GHz system or such.

Example:
mencoder -highest input.avi -o vhq-output.avi
  or
vhqscript input.avi output.avi

Ideas?
/S. Smith