[MPlayer-users] BUGREPORT: mencoder

Gerrit Holzbach holzbach at gmx.net
Thu May 23 22:21:02 CEST 2002

Hello.

There is a bug in the mencoder. When i try to encode a dvd using this
command:

mencoder -dvd 1 -vop scale=720:405 -oac copy -pass 1 -ovc divx4
-divx4opts br=xxx

he fills up my hard disc with useless data. Even an encoding of 60
seconds with a chosen bitrate of nearly 1 kbit results in a three gig
file. The problem and the strange thing about this is that this is
caused by the resolution of 720x405. When i choose 720x406 everything is
fine. I tried some other resolutions and all worked just this one
didn't.

Btw i would like to make a feature request. A function to cut off parts
of the movies's pictures when encoding would be nice. For example the
blank/black zones on top and on bottom of some movies.

Regards Gerrit