[MPlayer-users] copy a trailer ;-)

Dominik Mierzejewski dominik at rangers.eu.org
Fri May 24 10:59:02 CEST 2002

On Friday, 24 May 2002, Georgi Georgiev wrote:
> On Fri, May 24, 2002 at 12:19:53AM +0200, Dominik Mierzejewski wrote:
> > No need, at least for non-compressed qt headers. If you look
> > inside the file you can see the actual filename at the end
> > of the ~2KB file. Just append it to the URL (instead of the
> > previous one) and you'll be able to download the non-streamed
> > version.
>
> Even I got interested in what the problem is. Downloading with wget (and
> appropriate referers) downloads a 1009 byte file. Doing:
>
> [chutz at thunder chutz]$ file ice_age1_ctp_x480.mov
> ice_age1_ctp_x480.mov: Apple QuickTime movie file (moov)
> [chutz at thunder chutz]$ ll ice_age1_ctp_x480.mov
> -rw-r--r--    1 chutz    chutz        1009 Nov  5  2001 ice_age1_ctp_x480.mov
>
> And I will even attach the file so that someone can tell what the idea is. I
> guess this is what is mentioned in the quoted mail as compressed headers I
> guess.

Yes, but the third trailer streaming version has those headers uncompressed
and you can see the real filename inside. (attachment)

> Not that I am really interested in this trailer, but I got interested in the
> problem.

Same here, considering it's unplayable in mplayer due to use of Sorenson codec.

--
MPlayer RPMs: http://msp-190.man.olsztyn.pl/~dominik/linux/pkgs/mplayer.html
Dominik 'Rathann' Mierzejewski <rathann(at)rangers.eu.org>