[MPlayer-users] skins license

Andreas Hasenack andreas at conectiva.com.br
Mon May 20 20:41:02 CEST 2002

Em Fri, May 17, 2002 at 10:51:38PM +0200, Arpi escreveu:
> imho GPL for skin is rotfl.
> gpl says you have to publish patches and source.
> have you ever seen patch for a gimp or photoshop "source" file (that stuff
> with layers vectors text etc)?
>
> anyway we don't have the "source" for the skins, none of them

I'm not exactly worried about having or not the source for the skins as you
put it. I have RPMS for all these skins and a script to create the packages,
but I can't put them up on some ftp without sorting this license thing
out.

Regarding fonts, I can workaround that by creating font packages for mplayer
based on true-type fonts that are already installed on the system or type1
ones, so I don't have to use the Arial ones provided on the site which were
probably taken and built from a windows machine.