[MPlayer-users] P L E A S E ! ! !

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Thu May 9 03:47:02 CEST 2002

Hi,

> On Thu, 09 May 2002, Dominik Mierzejewski wrote:
> > *This* _is_ the different list for these types of questions.
yes. and tehre are also -advusers for advanced users (non-newbie but
non-developer users) and -dev-eng for the developers.

> If it really was, then the post that started this thread would never

i sent the mail to ask those newbies to learn how to write mails.
mails like 'hey it doens't work! help me!' won't work even from newbies -
unless they want to send it to /dev/null but mistyped and sent to the list
via | sendmail :)

they DO EXPECT valuable answer but they are UNABLE TO WRITE VALUABLE QUESTION.

> have been made. The developers have chosen that this list not be used
> for newbie type questions, thus this list is not the appropriate place.
heh?
you mean that developers should not read this list? yea you may be right,
and many of teh developers don't read this. probably the last ones -
including me -s hould leave, but wonder who will answer those not-so-silly
questions (appearing sometimes) then? you will?

> > In fact, you propose another linux-support list. IMHO such clueless
> > mails should be ignored on the list but responded to privately, if anyone
> > cares.
>
> However, if they are answered openly, lurkers, who may have the same
> question get helped to. This may prevent the question from being asked
> again at a later date.

nope
they don't read teh archives, nor mails with different subject than their
mail. this must be the reason why the same question is posted 10 times at
the same day by different loosers...

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team