[MPlayer-users] P L E A S E ! ! !

jasonrc at gomdoli.com jasonrc at gomdoli.com
Thu May 9 03:39:02 CEST 2002

On Thu, 09 May 2002, Dominik Mierzejewski wrote:
> *This* _is_ the different list for these types of questions.

If it really was, then the post that started this thread would never
have been made. The developers have chosen that this list not be used
for newbie type questions, thus this list is not the appropriate place.

> > Obviously, either people aren't reading the manuel, or are reading it
> > with out understanding it.
>
> Or both. :-)

That would be cool, to read the manual and not understand it, while at
the same time, never reading the manual in the first place. I say anyone
who can do this can post whatever they want :)

> In fact, you propose another linux-support list. IMHO such clueless
> mails should be ignored on the list but responded to privately, if anyone
> cares.

However, if they are answered openly, lurkers, who may have the same
question get helped to. This may prevent the question from being asked
again at a later date.

Again, just my thoughts, but there needs to be a way for newbies to
learn if you don't want them posting on this list (and yes I know that
this is what the manual is for, but obviously, if it were sufficient,
this thread wouldn't exist).

jason