[MPlayer-users] My experience with Maxtor 160GB, LVM, XFS

Gábor Lénárt lgb at lgb.hu
Tue May 7 18:35:02 CEST 2002

On Tue, May 07, 2002 at 06:58:47PM +0300, Daniil V. Kolpakov wrote:
> ??? ??? ????? - 8 ??? 2002 00:33, ? Diego Zuccato ?????:
> > I'm here ! :-) And still think GEOS was better than windoze O:-)
>
> What's GEOS?

Ehhh ;-) SO you really don't know?! :) It's a Commodore64 (and 128)
OS which can run on standard C64 and provides graphical environment,
with windows, standard applications (like paintbrush and write on windows)
with many fonts,and anything you can inmagine :) And yes, it was quite
great feeling (and try to compare it with windows: what type of hw m$ needs
to provide these features? ;-). There was GEOS for PC as well (code named
as Geoworks Ensmeble or something similar) which was faster and MUCH smaller
than win$ux, and provides much nicer GUI than even win98 (at the time of
win 31 ...). But as you know: m$ has power on market so Ensemble died ;-(
[before real release, I think, I don't know exactly]

- Gábor