[MPlayer-users] Audio Video Sync Problem

Jeremy Mann jeremy at bioc09.v19.uthscsa.edu
Tue May 7 15:16:01 CEST 2002

On Tue, 2002-05-07 at 07:55, kennyz at nycap.rr.com wrote:

> The problems still remain.  Whether I use the graphical or console
> interface, if I fast-forward to a different part, the audio and video
> become out-of-sync.  This seems to only occur in the AVI file that I
> tested.  The video appears to get ahead of the audio.

This is a very common problem caused by not using enough keyframes when
encoding the AVI. By default, if its Divx it will do 1 keyframe every 15
seconds which IMHO is very, very bad. You should always do 1 keyframe
every second. The keyframes are what is used by the player when you FF
and Rewind to sync audio and video.

--
Jeremy