[MPlayer-users] Audio Video Sync Problem

kennyz at nycap.rr.com kennyz at nycap.rr.com
Tue May 7 15:06:02 CEST 2002

I have read several e-mails in the archives about A-V sync problems,
especially with AVI files.

I noticed that the announcement for 0.90-pre3 stated that A-V sync
problems were fixed, so I downloaded and installed this version, since I
am having those problems.

The problems still remain.  Whether I use the graphical or console
interface, if I fast-forward to a different part, the audio and video
become out-of-sync.  This seems to only occur in the AVI file that I
tested.  The video appears to get ahead of the audio.

I do not believe this is a broken AVI file, because I ran it through
Xine, and fast-forwarded and reversed many times, with no loss of
synchronization.

I have included the MPlayer verbose output as an attachment.  I hope
this helps to track the problem down.

Sincerely,

Ken Zalewski