[MPlayer-users] AC3 passthrough on SB Live! 5.1, audio skips

Marcus Blomenkamp Marcus.Blomenkamp at epost.de
Sun May 5 15:56:01 CEST 2002

Frederik Klama wrote:

> I tried it but it (mapping /dev/adsp to device 0,3) never seems to work. As I

What exactly goes wrong? Are you sure that 'hw:0,3' is correct? Cards I
touched, had their digital device attached to 'hw:0,2'.

 > said, it ONLY works when I use "iec958:AES=0x87" as the driver option
 > of alsa. I tried everything from "hw:0,0" to "hw:0,25", nothing. :(

Under '/proc/asound/card0' you can see which devices are available in
what direction, eg: pcm0p pcm2c (p,c := playback,capture)

Please tell exactly what goes wrong: 'no sound' or 'format not
available' etc. And for the snd-pcm-oss options, don't forget to reload
the modules. For testing you can watch the usage count of each device,
eg: 'cat /proc/asound/card0/pcm2p/info'

Marcus