[MPlayer-users] AC3 passthrough on SB Live! 5.1, audio skips

Frederik Klama fklama at f2s.com
Sat May 4 15:14:02 CEST 2002

On Saturday 04 May 2002 12:31, Felix Buenemann wrote:

> On Saturday 04 May 2002 05:18, Frederik Klama wrote:
> > I have got AC3 passthrough working with my SB Live! 5.1 card by using the
> > following options: -ao alsa9:iec958:AES0=0x87 -ac hwac3
> > The only problem is that while I do get AC3 passthrough I get skips in
> > the sound (could be rejected packes by the AC3 decoder or something
> > else). When using ac3dec supplied by alsa there are no such skips.
> > Is it possible to pass the AC3 to an external application for processing
> > (like ac3dec.
> > I suspect there is something wrong in the implementation of the AC3
> > passthrough, since it works perfectly with ac3dec.
> > Has anyone encountered something like this bevore ?
> > How could I try to fix this ?
>
> can you try using -ao oss instead, I think the alsa 0.9 driver are still a
> bit buggy.

I tried it but it (mapping /dev/adsp to device 0,3) never seems to work. As I
said, it ONLY works when I use "iec958:AES=0x87" as the driver option of
alsa. I tried everything from "hw:0,0" to "hw:0,25", nothing. :(
I even fiddled with allof the mixer settings (Optical Raw on/off and so on).
If you got any ideas on how I might get OSS emulation working properly with
the SP/DIV output, any ideas are welcome.

Frederik Klama

--
Press any key to continue or any other key to quit...