[MPlayer-users] 'f' key not working right for xv driver

Nilmoni Deb ndeb at ece.cmu.edu
Wed May 1 03:28:02 CEST 2002

Pontscho,
	I got to the bottom of this problem. Its got something to do with
the option fsmode=1 set in my ~/.mplayer/config . Once I commented the
line out the problem was solved. This explains why u couldn't reproduce
the bug.

The change between cvs versions 1.75 and 1.76 of vo_xv.c becomes effective
only bcos of line 580 of x11_common.c ->

 if ( vo_wm_type ) XUnmapWindow( mDisplay,vo_window );

which was earlier

 XUnmapWindow( mDisplay,vo_window );

This change combined with the fsmode=1 setting led to the problem.

The reason I had fsmode=1 in my config was that at one point it _used_
to work for fullscreen on KDE. Now the same option is causing trouble !!
If the fsmode option is not supposed to be used anymore then line
246 of cfg-mplayer.h (cvs version 1.147) needs to be deleted.

What do u think ?

thanks
- Nil