[MPlayer-users] first time user, some problems

Harri Pasanen harri at nerim.net
Sat Mar 30 00:47:01 CET 2002

Hello,

First, mencoder.c seems to be mangled in CVS or in 20020329 snapshot.

mencoder.c:1865: parse error before `static'

Looking at the file, it seems that some automatic merging or sloppy cut and
pasting has been happening, as it does not make much sense.

I then tried with 20020328 snapshot, which built fine.  Trying to play back
an avi file, the video seems to be fine, but don't get any sound.
mplayer -v tells me among other things:

Clip info:
 Software: Nandub v1.0rc2
get_path('sub/') -> '/home/H/.mplayer/sub/'
Detected audio codec: [ac3] drv:3 (AC3)
Initializing audio codec...
Requested audio codec family [ac3] (vfm=3) not available (enable it at
compile time!)
Couldn't initialize audio codec! -> nosound

I grepped configure --help output for AC3, ac3 and vfm, but couldn't see
anything relevant.  I then spent some time reading the various docs, but
still no luck.

I'm sorry if I'm missing the obvious, but I'd appreciate any pointers.

Thanks,

-H