[MPlayer-users] mencoder acts weird imho :/

Sander Smeenk ssmeenk at freshdot.net
Thu Mar 28 01:11:02 CET 2002

Quoting Arpi (arpi at thot.banki.hu):
> > So I try this, and mencoder tells me '-divx4opts' is not a correct
> > commandline option. After playing around with it I ended up with this
> then you have mencoder compiled without divx4 support (check configure.log)

You are so right, and I am so stupid ;)   Thanks, I installed the
libdivxencore.so from divx4linux-20011025.tgz.

One thing still remains. The three-pass encoding process, where mencoder
creates the frameno.avi file?  It still reports negative bitrates for
the next two steps.

But starting mencoder with a bitrate of 1100 works though. It's at 4% of
the DVD and the movie.avi file is now 62M instead of 5.2G :)

Any idea about the first stage reporting negative bitrates?

Regards,
Sander.