[MPlayer-users] Compile error

Mike Melanson melanson at pcisys.net
Fri Mar 22 22:54:01 CET 2002

On Fri, 22 Mar 2002, Attila Kinali wrote:

> We should find some ppl porting vidix to at least linux/ppc, linux/sparc
> and solaris/sparc.
> Those compile errors are annoying me.
>
> At least the linux variants shouldnt be hard

	Well, if you say so, okay. I suppose I could port the vidix stuff
to PPC, but there's still one major issue: I really don't have a clear
idea what vidix is supposed to do. So I just read through
DOCS/tech/vidix.txt again. I gather it's meant to be a common method of
accessing graphics directly, otherwise known as direct graphics access or
DGA. But why does it exist? The doc mentions that other interfaces like
X11 of v4l can do it but can't do it well. Is this all about speed? Is
that what we're after here?

	I just don't know what I'm supposed to write in order to "port"
this. Thanks...
--
	-Mike Melanson