[MPlayer-users] XviD / libavcodec compile clash

Chris Phillips chris at cakenet.dynu.com
Fri Mar 22 17:43:01 CET 2002

> ===================
> /usr/src/xvid/xvidcore/build/generic/libcore.a(quant_matrix.o)(.data+0x20):
> multiple definition of `default_intra_matrix'
> libavcodec/libavcodec.a(mpeg12.o):/usr/src/MPlayer-20020322/libavcodec/mpeg12.c:63:
> first defined here
> /usr/bin/ld: Warning: size of symbol `default_intra_matrix' changed from
> 128 to 64 in
> /usr/src/xvid/xvidcore/build/generic/libcore.a(quant_matrix.o)
> collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
> make: *** [mplayer] Error 1
> ===================

hmm, i just edited the XviD sourcecode, and changed that matrix name.
compiled... but still...

> Also... there doesn't seem to be any documentation on how to actually
> encode using XviD. it says it faster than divx4 and all that, but doesn't
> seem to say anywhere how to use the thing.

does the codecs.conf file need editing or something?

oh, and also the standard codecs.conf gives me a syntax error:

videocodec cvid
  info "Cinepak Video (native codec)"
  status working
  fourcc cvid,CVID
  driver cinepak
  out YV12
  out YUY2
  out BGR32,BGR24

line 298 which ever one that is... it's for that codec tho.

chris